Cucumber and Tomato SaladFrom Cooking Lightâ€™s Chicken for Dinner special edition, December, 2006.
This easy salad combines three fresh summer vegetables: cucumbers, tomatoes and bell peppers. The pleasant zing this salad has comes from the Dijon mustard, red onion and wine vinegar.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed ted pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
For the Salad:
- 3 cups coarsely chopped cucumber
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes (cubed standard tomatoes will also work)
- 1 cup chopped yellow or red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion