Fennel Green BeansTry this creative combination of fennel and green beans for a quick and tasty side dish.
Prep and cook time: 12 minutes
- 3 cups thin green beans, ends removed and cut into 1-2 inch lengths
- Â½ cup sliced fennel bulb
- Â½ medium onion sliced
- 1 fresh tomato, seeds and excess pulp removed and chopped
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Slice onion and let sit for 5-10 minutes to bring out its health-promoting properties
- Bring water to a boil in a steamer with a tight fitting lid
- Cut ends off beans and slice fennel and onion
- Steam beans and onion together for about 3 minutes, and add fennel. Steam for another 2 minutes. Drain well and pat with paper towel so any excess water does not dilute taste
- Toss with rest of ingredients
This recipe comes from The Worldâ€™s Healthiest Foods website.