Grilled Red Torpedo OnionsIngredients:
- 1 bunch Italian Red Torpedo Onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbl. balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Cut green tops from onions and discard. Remove outer skin layer of the onion if it is dry or damaged. Trim the stem end, but do not remove it entirely or the onion will peel apart.
- If your torpedo onions are large, cut them in half lengthwise.
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar and a sprinkling of salt and fresh ground pepper. Place the onions on a tray or platter and brush liberally with this mixture.
- Grill over a low, slow heat so that the torpedo onions have a chance to caramelize. Brush with more oil and vinegar mixture once or twice during the grilling process. It will take about 30 to 40 minutes to completely cook the onions.