Marinated Bean SaladThis is a great dish that you can keep in your refrigerator for 3-4 days and its flavor gets better each day!
Prep and Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups fresh green beans cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 15 oz can lima beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 TBS minced onion
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 large ripe fresh tomato, chopped
- 2 TBS chopped fresh basil
- 1 TBS chopped fresh oregano
- 1 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- 3 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Mince onion and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out its health-promoting benefits.
- Fill the bottom of a steamer with 2 inches of water.
- While steam is building up in steamer cut green beans.
- Steam for 5 minutes. A fork should pierce them easily when they are done.
- Drain and rinse canned beans. Let beans sit in colander for another couple of minutes to drain excess water.
- Mix all ingredients together. If you have the time, let it marinate for at least 15 minutes. It can keep in the refrigerator for a few days. Keep on hand for a quick meal.
Healthy Cooking Tips: This salad is even better if it has at least a couple hours to marinate. Make sure the beans are well drained or your salad will taste flat and weak. Also, be sure to use fresh herbs for the best flavor.
This recipe comes from The Worldâ€™s Healthiest Foods website.