Mediterranean KaleKale is such a healthy and nutritious food. This quick and easy Mediterranean style recipe is perfectly seasoned to complement many of your meals, so you can enjoy it often. New varieties are mild tasting. Try it this way, you will be pleasantly surprised.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium bunches kale, chopped - about 12 cups
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Bring lightly salted water to a boil in a steamer with a tight fitting lid. The salt helps to enhance flavor and color of vegetables.
- While water is coming to a boil, fold each kale leaf in half and pull or cut out stem. Chop leaf and rinse in colander.
- When water comes to a boil add kale to steamer basket and cover. Steam for 7-10 minutes, until tender.
- Toss with rest of ingredients and serve.
This recipe comes from The Worldâ€™s Healthiest Foods website.