Pesto (Debbie's Dairy Free Version)by Debbie Sarfati, Whole Nourishment
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (I use gluten free ones from Debbie's Bakery in Denver)
- In a medium skillet, dry roast the pine nuts over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Use pesto on pastas, veggie kebobs, meats, fish and shellfish. Store extra pesto in 1/3 cup Tupperware containers and freeze for use over the winter (it will defrost nicely if moved from the freezer to the fridge for about 1 day).
More recipes from Debbie