Potato and Kale SoupMakes 4 servings.
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch of kale, destalked and sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Place sliced potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer until cooked. Puree the potatoes and return to the saucepan, add sufficient water to make a thin liquid. Bring liquid back to a boil and add the chopped onion and sliced kale. Season to taste, noting that the soup should be 'peppery and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Serve in soup bowls and pour a tablespoon of olive oil on top of each serving. Enjoy.