Thai Chicken Coconut Soupby Debbie Sarfati, Whole Nourishment
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 2 carrots, pealed and sliced
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 32 oz. organic chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, cut into 5 pieces each
- 1 lb. natural chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 3 baby bok choy (or 1 large), white and green parts sliced
- 1 small bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 Tbsp. asian fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- In a medium pot, add the coconut oil and saute the carrots, zucchini, and onion until they become slightly browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, can of coconut milk, cubed chicken breasts, and lemon grass stalks and bring to a boil; lower the heat, cover, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the bok choy, cilantro, tamari, fish sauce, and limejuice and cook for 10 more minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
More recipes from Debbie