Thai Vegetables with Peanut Sauceby Debbie Sarfati, Whole Nourishment
- small head of green cabbage, shredded
- 3 carrots, sliced long and thin
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced long and thin
- small head of broccoli, cut into trees
- mung bean sprouts
- head of green leaf lettuce
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. of chili paste
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken or veggie broth
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp. xylitol
- Cut the cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, celery, and broccoli into the appropriate size pieces.
- Place the vegetables in a large pot and add 1-2 inches of water; Cover and let steam until the vegetables are tender.
- Tear the green lettuce into pieces, wash, dry, and set aside.
- To prepare the sauce, saute the garlic and bean paste in the oil until the garlic is slightly browned; Add the broth, coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, and xylitol and mix to blend. Reduce the sauce to simmer and keep stirring until it thickens (note: if it becomes to thick, thin it out with additional coconut milk); set the sauce aside.
- Serve the steamed vegetables over the green leaf lettuce and top with mung bean sprouts.
- Drizzle with peanut sauce and serve.
Basic Thai Ingredients