If the work is done but the customer discovers defects, there is a risk of complicated legal disputes with handyman packages in Boerne. If craftsmen work poorly, consumers have a right to rectification and can withhold part of the invoice amount for the time being. You should also react to problems with cost estimates and appointments.
A blocked pipe, a defective washing machine or a car that no longer drives: In such cases, quick help from a specialist is required. But not every repair works to the satisfaction of the customer. And there can also be problems with work done by painters, tillers, electricians and the like: What should be done if deadlines are not met, the costs are exceeded or the work is carried out poorly?
Get multiple estimates from the professional:
- These should contain the services and required materials in as much detail as possible.
- You can use the hourly rates and material prices to compare the conditions of several companies.
- Craftsmen or customer services may only demand payment for the cost estimate if this has been expressly agreed in advance.
During the works
- If it turns out that the estimated costs are significantly higher , the craftsman must report this immediately:
- The limit is an increase of more than 15 to 20 percent compared to the estimated costs.
- Clients can then terminate the work contract because of this, but must pay for agreed partial services that have already been rendered.
- If you want to avoid this, you should agree on a fixed price. This must not be exceeded.
If craftsmen do not meet a fixed deadline , they are in default:
- So keep an eye on the progress of the work.
- Set a deadline for delays. One to two weeks is usually appropriate.
- You are entitled to compensation for the damage incurred if the delay is due to the tradesman’s lax attitude.
However, if the craftsman cannot start the work due to a serious illness or if there is a delay because the necessary preliminary work by other specialists has not been carried out, the customer is unlucky.