Overview on polygraphs test in Uk
In today’s technological world, detecting criminals exactly is quite tough without having any proof. Proofs play a key role to let the culprit be punished. Without proofs, you cannot make a step forward being an investigating officer. Beating this argument aside, the existence of lie detector test fulfills in finding out the right culprit. This is the reason why, the utilization of polygraphs; the machine of finding the truth from the person was invented.
Let’s focus on pros and cons of using these polygraphs:
- Pro1:A polygraph is termed as a machine like a lie detector test device which is conducted by an examiner those who are qualified ones only. The results produced from this machine are accurate result varying from 75 to 95 percent.The examiners with the help of these machines can easily detect people. This machine only conveys a message or alarm of yes or no during the time of the culprit statement.
- Con:These are not perfectly reliable as they only predict the answer yes or no according to the physiological reactions of the culprit. In this way, based on people, their nervous or anxiety nature may influence the accurate result of the person’s statement. It is a drawback supporting the statement when it is discussed as an advantage.
- Pro2:Consider situations like when you are an employee of a company, if you have done a mistake by stealing confidential files and selling it to your company’s opponent or if your mistake led the life of other employees into danger then the company uses this test to detect you. Not in all the times, but only considering above discussed peak times, these polygraphs usage is preferred. This will be quite advantageous when you come across such drastic situations in your company.
- Con:Supporting the statement, courts are advised not to use these machines for catching the fraud employee. Because, people those who are new to these tests might become nervous and it impacts in accuracy of results from this machine. So investigating in different approaches is much better rather than using these tests frequently.
- These are very reliable to use and trace out accurately based on your way of investigation and the way of the criminal‘s physical reaction and response only.
Hence there will be both positives and correspondingly negative to the statements given while using these test devices like polygraphs. From the above discussion for every advantage, there will be disadvantage to the similar problem when you come across the utilization of these devices respectively.