When you talk about animation marketing videos to an advertiser or a marketer, they will surely answer you with a lot of positivity. Why? It is because animation marketing videos when used to advertise something is truly an effective way to reach the target audience and market that is why a lot of advertising companies and animation studios are further enhancing their capabilities to improve this industry.
However, when it comes to animation marketing, it does not have one type, it comes with a variety of it which a client can choose to use to advertise their certain product, service, or their brand. There are different types of animation marketing videos or explainer videos that an animation video company creates and, in this article, let us explain it to you one by one so that you can further enhance your knowledge on this type of advertising and marketing platform.
To understand your target audiences, you should take note of the importance of call-to-action which enables your audience to watch your video on the television, website, or even through an electronic billboard to improve sales, or promotions. Call-to-Action is actually responsible of setting your audience’s expectations from your service, brand, or your product.
There are ten types of animations that you can use for advertising and marketing purposes; these are; 2D character animation, 2D motion graphics animation, 2.5D animation, whiteboard animation, 3D animation, and live action which are all used by an animation video company. Below is the list of the mentioned types of animation techniques.
- 2D character animation- This is by far the most popular and broadly utilized technique. This is because the characters and the scene are both created in a 2D space by utilizing the perspective in such an order to create an illusion of depth. This type of animation is a good choice to make an appeal to the audience.
- 2D motion graphics- This is engaging and straightforward because of its style which highlights the explanation of a product or service to remove any complication and confusion to the target audience by using graphics in the animation which of course is eye catchy for the target audience.
- 2.5D animation- This type of animation uses a 3D environment to enhance the motion graphics to make it more interesting and fun to watch but this costs more time and of course money to make.
- Whiteboard animation- This is popular among Business to Consumer (B2C), and Business to Business (B2B) companies to give their target audience a deeper explanation about their product or service through utilizing a very simple animation of black and white illustrations on a whiteboard.
- 3D animation- When you want to make your animation video realistic and rich in graphics and effects, 3D animation is the solution. This type of animation is the most preferred format for any audience for its vivid and realistic images and video.
- LIVE ACTION- The video is recorded using a camera by showing real people in actual scenes to create more connection between the company and the audience.